"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~Andy Warhol

Friday, August 25, 2006

Finally got back to writing songs\poetry too!

Wrote some stuff over the past three days, 1 each day.
Today(friday):
"Wind Chaser"

I feel this itchy restless hunger
Consuming me, pushing me forward

This incomprehensible longing
I can’t escape.

It eats from the inside
Pulling me inward
A black hole of
Gnawing.

I pace through these walls
Wishing for peace,
Praying for change.

My restless feet
Refuse to stop.

Does no one else
Hear the drumbeats?
Can no one else feel
The Need (for action)?

I’m hoping for a distraction,
A call to sweep me away,
In another direction.

I’m dreaming.
I’m chasing the wind.
I’m strapped to a kite.
And it’s tugging me forward,
Destination unknown.

Thursday:
"Strings"

Walk down the bare walled florescent corridors,
Endless halls with endless doors.

Floor shines of shoe scuffed lineloeum.
A piano mutters in the distance of the coming
Fear.

The Fear comes, (smell it approaching)
As the florescents begins to flicker.

The mad pianist flings fingers wildly
Across the keyboard, hoping to
Ward off the demon through
Sheer intensity of emotion.

The lights go out with a
Shower of sparks and
Broken glass tubes.

Slowly, dreadfully, fingers
Tap the keys to the
Strings.

Wednesday(actually, it was late enough that it was technically Thursday, I think, but whatever...):
"Mixed Metaphores" (A jumble of loosely connected stanzas, some of which are greater than others, most of which follow the same theme.)

Why do you look right through me
thinking
"No" ?

I haven’t even asked the question yet.
It begs the question of why.
Why…?

Why won’t you listen to the sound
Of my fears?

They aren’t so bad, just a steady
Drip drip drip.
Watch them pile one upon another-
Then you drown.

Too much time spent watching-
You should have chose.
Now…or later…?

Too late was not a choice,
Not even an option of last resort.

Stop looking through me.
Look to the core.
Am I so thin as to be…
Transparent?

Far from it…
(Foolish thoughts spurred
From a dense head.
What a shallow pun.)

Fake the funk
With all that jazz.
Feel the tug of the
Riptide of obscurity.

2 Comments:

Blogger BladeRunner said...

Comment on Poem 1 (Friday), "Wind Chaser":
Obviously influenced by your recent Kite Boarding experiences.

"Flight"
Over the sea
Under the wind
Escaping the acts
We tried to rescind

The gaping mouth of the ocean
Open wide
Inviting us in
But it's only suicide

Run
Fly
Find what's true
Or else, justify
All they've said
In malice to you

3:23 PM

 
Blogger BladeRunner said...

Comment on Poem 2 (Thursday) "Strings":

"Strings"
As I strum
I find suddenly
My tune has come undone

The melody in my head
Broke the harmony in my heart
And soon, both were dead

The words embark
Moving from my fingers
Igniting a spark
Lighting the strings
The strings of my sanity snap

3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home