"Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches." ~Andy Warhol

Monday, August 28, 2006

"Sleeptalking"

Fall into the space
Where all the illusions
Are just part of the game
Where nothing has to make sense.
And there are no guarantees.
Only the knowledge that this is a dream can sustain.

Your deepset fears are all game, and your mind's a set stage.
The only player is you, and you play, trapped in worlds of your own creation.

"It's just a dream" almost doesn't cut it sometimes, when the evil is nearly upon you and you trip off into empty space
and fill it with lies.

Then you awake, relieved to know it really was a dream, just complex illusions from a complex creation.

But then....
You start to wonder...
Was that all safely contained in your head?

Why do I hurt from the fall?
Why does my arm ache deep inside where that creature attacked it, back in dreamhorrorland.

Where is the line between dream and reality?
Where were you really?

When you dream you sometimes realize you're dreaming...
When you're awake, do you sometimes realize you're dreaming?

Are you asleep?

1 Comments:

Blogger BladeRunner said...

"Left in a Dream"

Woke up
To realize
I think I left you behind

Gave up trying to pierce
The wall surrounding your heart
Though I really didn't try that hard

Just a dream
Where I thought you were
Only a dream
That I whispered to her

I left you behind
Behind in my dreams

Even though I left
Some say that's wrong
I know it's right

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home